Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sudhir Dharmadhikari <su...@verient.com> on 2010/10/15 23:12:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Need to know incoming request before apache responds

Hi ,

We have slow response from app servers which is being load balanced using
mod_jk . We need to know if apache is receiving request, so that we can
check time taken by app server . Currently, all apache logs are updated
only when request is responded by apache , not when request is received.

Looks very simple , but I could not get any google results or
documentation hints to do this.

Re: [users@httpd] Need to know incoming request before apache responds

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 15.10.2010 23:12, Sudhir Dharmadhikari wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> We have slow response from app servers which is being load balanced using
> mod_jk . We need to know if apache is receiving request, so that we can
> check time taken by app server . Currently, all apache logs are updated
> only when request is responded by apache , not when request is received.
>
> Looks very simple , but I could not get any google results or
> documentation hints to do this.

Best approximation is adding "%D" to your LogFormat.

Regards,

Rainer