Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Thome <mt...@bbn.com> on 2005/02/16 19:54:02 UTC

axis on-the-fly wsdl generation problem

I've got a deployed service which is perfectly functional, but for which
the ?wsdl option fails with a simple "Exception -
java.lang.StackOverflowError" message (without a stack dump or any other
information).  The tomcat/catalina logs are similarly unhelpful.  Also
interesting is that java2wsdl doesn't seem to have any problem with the
(undeployed) service.

So questions:
- any debugging suggestions?  I know how to get the servlet to use my
wsdl document instead of generating it, but it would be nice to know
that something else isn't wrong.
- what is it that "?wsdl" is doing that is different than java2wsdl?

Thanks much,
    Michael Thome
    mthome@bbn.com

PS. Versions:
axis 1.2rc2
tomcat 5.0.28
jdk 1.4.2_06
(all standard releases, unmodified, with vanilla installations)

[Ob disclaimer: Perhaps this is a well known problem and I've just not
figured out how to ask jira or the wiki about it - if so, apologies]