Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@iname.com> on 2002/03/27 06:56:04 UTC

Web Services marching on

For those of you who haven't noticed yet, Sun actually delivered on time for
Java One the 2nd Web Services Pack.

Interesting reading:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/wsj2ee
/
Tosten, there is a cookie for you. (hint: RelaxNG based class gen).

I couldn't help mentioning the new Web Services Tutorial though.
Don't want to be judging here, but Sun's current attempt of integrating web
services with JSP tags doesn't seem nearly as ellegant to me as the type of
integration Cocoon has the potential to offer through pure XML/XSLT
techniques.

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/ea2/tutorial/index.html

Once we close on the basic Form handling, we'll need to figure a nice way to
allow hot swap of forms with SOAP and other web services calls.

Ivelin