Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2010/12/17 04:43:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache PyLucene 2.9.4 and 3.0.3

I am pleased to announce the availability of the Apache PyLucene 2.9.4 and
3.0.3 releases.

Apache PyLucene, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is a Python extension for
accessing Java Lucene. Its goal is to allow you to use Lucene's text
indexing and searching capabilities from Python. It is API compatible with
the latest versions of Java Lucene, 2.9.4 and 3.0.3.

This release contains a number of bug fixes and improvements. Details can be
found in the changes files:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/tags/pylucene_2_9_4/CHANGES
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/tags/pylucene_3_0_3/CHANGES
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk/jcc/CHANGES

Apache PyLucene is available from the following download pages:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/pylucene/pylucene-2.9.4-1-src.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/pylucene/pylucene-3.0.3-1-src.tar.gz

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads
using signatures found on the Apache site:
http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/pylucene/KEYS

For more information on Apache PyLucene, visit the project home page:
     http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene

Andi..

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache PyLucene 3.1.0

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
On Apr 14, 2011, at 2:05, Valery Khamenya <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> btw, originally I went this way http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/jcc/documentation/install.html , but it is not up-to-date and trunk doesn't seem to be compilable (problems with ant xml files, plus no doc directory etc).

Trunk needs work. Trunk is based off Lucene's trunk which is moving and changing rapidly, and anything but stable.
In particular, pylucene unit tests and samples need to be more or less redone because of all the api changes that occurred on Lucene's trunk.

The stable "trunk" is actually branch_3x which should build and run and pass all its tests. The 3.1 release that just occurred comes from branch_3x.

Andi..

Posted by Valery Khamenya <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Valery Khamenya <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by da...@ontrenet.com.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache PyLucene 3.3.0

Posted by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com>.
grats!

[ANNOUNCE] Apache PyLucene 3.2.0

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
I am pleased to announce the availability of Apache PyLucene 3.2.0.

Apache PyLucene, a subproject of Apache Lucene, is a Python extension for
accessing Apache Lucene Core. Its goal is to allow you to use Lucene's text
indexing and searching capabilities from Python. It is API compatible with
the latest version of Lucene Core, 3.2.0.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/tags/pylucene_3_2_0/CHANGES

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/pylucene/pylucene-3.2.0-1-src.tar.gz

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.