Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Andreas Wiesauer <an...@gmx.at> on 2005/10/05 12:28:47 UTC

Problem deploying JSF Portlet

Hello,

when I'm deploying and starting my JSF Portlet, Tomcat displays this error:

05.10.2005 12:21:20 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive UserManagement.war
05.10.2005 12:21:21 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SCHWERWIEGEND: Error listenerStart
05.10.2005 12:21:21 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SCHWERWIEGEND: Context [/UserManagement] startup failed due to previous
errors

I think there is a problem with the listener configured in web.xml

Here is my web.xml:

<web-app>
  <display-name>UserManagement</display-name>
  <description>Adds a new User to jetspeed</description>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>server</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.application.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
    <description>This parameter tells MyFaces if javascript code should be
allowed in the
            rendered HTML output.
            If javascript is allowed, command_link anchors will have
javascript code
            that submits the corresponding form.
            If javascript is not allowed, the state saving info and nested
parameters
            will be added as url parameters.
            Default: "true"</description>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.DETECT_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
    <description>This parameter tells MyFaces if javascript code should be
allowed in the
            rendered HTML output.
            If javascript is allowed, command_link anchors will have
javascript code
            that submits the corresponding form.
            If javascript is not allowed, the state saving info and nested
parameters
            will be added as url parameters.
            Default: "false"

            Setting this param to true should be combined with
STATE_SAVING_METHOD "server" for
            best results.

            This is an EXPERIMENTAL feature. You also have to enable the
detector filter/filter mapping below to get
            JavaScript detection working.</description>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.PRETTY_HTML</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
    <description>If true, rendered HTML code will be formatted, so that it
is "human readable".
            i.e. additional line separators and whitespace will be written,
that do not
            influence the HTML code.
            Default: "true"</description>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
    <description>If true, a javascript function will be rendered that is
able to restore the
            former vertical scroll on every request. Convenient feature if
you have pages
            with long lists and you do not want the browser page to always
jump to the top
            if you trigger a link or button action that stays on the same
page.
            Default: "false"</description>
  </context-param>
  <!-- Extensions Filter -->
  <filter>
    <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</filte
r-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>
      <param-value>100m</param-value>
      <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
                Format: 10 - 10 bytes
                        10k - 10 KB
                        10m - 10 MB
                        1g - 1 GB</description>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>uploadThresholdSize</param-name>
      <param-value>100k</param-value>
      <description>Set the threshold size - files
                    below this limit are stored in memory, files above
                    this limit are stored on disk.

                Format: 10 - 10 bytes
                        10k - 10 KB
                        10m - 10 MB
                        1g - 1 GB</description>
    </init-param>
  </filter>
  <!-- Filter Mappings -->
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
  <!-- Listener, that does all the startup work (configuration, init). -->
  <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</lis
tener-class>
  </listener>
  <!-- Faces Servlet -->
  <servlet>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>JetspeedContainer</servlet-name>
    <display-name>Jetspeed Container</display-name>
    <description>MVC Servlet for Jetspeed Portlet Applications</description>

<servlet-class>org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet</servl
et-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>contextName</param-name>
      <param-value>UserManagement</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <!-- extension mapping -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>JetspeedContainer</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/container/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/portlet</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
</web-app>

Do you have any ideas?

Greetings
Andy

AW: Problem deploying JSF Portlet

Posted by Andreas Wiesauer <an...@gmx.at>.
Hi Rohnny,

thanks for your help. I checked the log files as you suggested and I found
this:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Error configuring application listener of class
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1332)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1181)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:
3617)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:7
59)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:788)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:677)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:473)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1165)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:119)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:
1304)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processC
hildren(ContainerBase.java:1568)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processC
hildren(ContainerBase.java:1577)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(Cont
ainerBase.java:1557)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
05.10.2005 17:02:46 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SCHWERWIEGEND: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous
error(s)

It makes me a bit confused, because com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
is part of Sun'S Reference Implementation and I'm using MyFaces. I don't
know why this class is used and not the listener class I specified in
web.xml

Do you have any ideas how to fix the problem?

Posted by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com>.