Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Narendran <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/01 01:23:15 UTC

Inclusion of the Indian Rupee Symbol

Dear Developers,
We in India use Apache Open Office expensively and contribute to its success.
We wish that Open Office will include the Re (₹) symbol for the Indian currency next to the $ and the UK Pound etc.
₹  .
Thank you.
Narendran

Re: Inclusion of the Indian Rupee Symbol

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Naren wrote:
> Thank you so much, your quick reply is appreciated.
> The currency of major economies is under Open Office-Insert-'special characters'-Ariel -Basic Latin.

This is related to the font you are using, not to OpenOffice. The "Basic
Latin" set is the oldest set and other currencies, like the Euro, are
not listed there simply because they were introduced after the fonts
were created. You will find Rupee, when available, under the "Currency
Symbols" tab.

If you experiment with different fonts you will see that the Rupee is
there among "Currency Symbols" even though (for what I can tell) some of
the fonts we ship -we don't ship Arial- have it, like DejaVu Sans, and
other do not, like Arimo and Tinos.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Inclusion of the Indian Rupee Symbol

Posted by Naren <na...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much, your quick reply is appreciated.
The currency of major economies is under Open Office-Insert-'special characters'-Ariel -Basic Latin.
Trust  that the information is enough.
Narendran
எல்லோருக்கும் வணக்கம்
Sent from  (2010)  6 Yr old iPhone! Still works like brand new!

On Nov 1, 2016, at 11:32 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> wrote:

Where are these $ and UK pound symbols you are referring to located?

Damjan

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.