Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by shantanu chawla <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/17 18:56:50 UTC

[Axis2] Webservice as RESTful webservice

I have created a simple test webservice using axis2. My webservice
name is test and It has a simple function named Hello that takes a
string parameter and returns another string parameter

String Hello(String)

I created the axis server and clients using WSDL2Java.
I can consume the webservice using axis client. thats ok
I want to consume the webservice as RESTful webservice so that I can
test it by issuing GET command from the url as

http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/test/Hello

I have uncommented the line in axis2.xml to enable REST support. but I
am getting this error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soapenv:Header />
- <soapenv:Body>
- <soapenv:Fault>
  <faultcode>Client</faultcode>
  <faultstring>Data binding error; nested exception is:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Data binding error</faultstring>
  <faultactor>http://myAxisServer/role/default</faultactor>
- <detail>
  <soapenv:Exception>Data binding error; nested exception is:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Data binding error</soapenv:Exception>
  </detail>
  </soapenv:Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

Can someone tell me wht is the error. or I am doing wrong. this is
first time I am using axis2.

Shantanu Chawla

--
Graduate Student
Department of Computer Science,

Re: [Axis2] Webservice as RESTful webservice

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi

can you please create a JIRA issue by attaching both your client and
service. I will definetely take a look at that

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~