Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alex <my...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/11 19:00:43 UTC

Increase in image/zip spam?

Hi,

Just wondering if others are also seeing an increase in image spam in
the last week or so, some of which contain zip attachments? The body
contains random "bayes killer?" text with an image or zip attachment.
I can't otherwise find something to trigger on to block them reliably
and bayes doesn't seem to be doing it for me...

http://pastebin.com/fSarnJQy

Any ideas greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex

Re: Increase in image/zip spam?

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Alex wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if others are also seeing an increase in image spam in
> the last week or so, some of which contain zip attachments? The body
> contains random "bayes killer?" text with an image or zip attachment.

Yep, been seeing quite a few of those.  Usually one image as a zip-file.
Most are filtered out based on origin, but quite a few make it through.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: Increase in image/zip spam?

Posted by "--[ UxBoD ]--" <ux...@splatnix.net>.
> Just wondering if others are also seeing an increase in image spam in
> the last week or so, some of which contain zip attachments? The body
> contains random "bayes killer?" text with an image or zip attachment.
> I can't otherwise find something to trigger on to block them reliably
> and bayes doesn't seem to be doing it for me...
>
> http://pastebin.com/fSarnJQy
>
> Any ideas greatly appreciated!
> Thanks, Alex
Appears to hit a few RBLs: