Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com> on 2002/08/09 23:59:11 UTC

Did we know that zipfileset does not take if/unless?

Hi, all.

I did a quick search of bugzilla and the mailing list archives, and did
not spot this one.

In a jar task, I would like to do:

       <zipfileset dir="${project.work.dir}" includes="images/*"
if="jar.ignoreImages"/>

so that if there is a directory named images in the filesystem, and they
have not set jar.ignoreImages, then there will be a directory in the
resulting jar file that contains the images in that directory.

In other words, if the file system is:

foo
-source
-images
--pretty.jpg

the jar will contain

foo.jar
-images
--pretty.jpg

The above works just fine, except that the if and unless attributes of
the underlying fileset/patternset are not recognized.

(I used zipfileset so that I have access to the special zipfileset
extensions.  I have things relative to the root so that I am covered if
the images directory does not exist.)

Scott

Re: Did we know that zipfileset does not take if/unless?

Posted by Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>.
On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 03:50  PM, Diane Holt wrote:

>  <zipfileset dir="${project.work.dir}">
>     <include name="images/*" if="jar.ignoreImages"/>
>   </zipfileset>

Got it in one.

> (Although I'm thinkin it should actually be 'unless' -- but hey, maybe
> it
> makes sense on your end :)

It was in my original draft, then I changed it to see whether the
problem was with "unless".  Turns out no.

This has one other bennie.  I can now include several directories in
this the same way, vis:

         <include name="images/*" unless="jar.ignoreImages"/>
         <include name="properties/*" unless="jar.ignoreProperties"/>

making exactly what we are doing somewhat clearer.

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com> wrote:
>  <zipfileset dir="${project.work.dir}" includes="images/*"
>             if="jar.ignoreImages"/>

Try:
  <zipfileset dir="${project.work.dir}">
    <include name="images/*" if="jar.ignoreImages"/>
  </zipfileset>

(Although I'm thinkin it should actually be 'unless' -- but hey, maybe it
makes sense on your end :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)