Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alexander Furer <ia...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/26 09:23:12 UTC

Exception:Bean type class com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory with the name xwork has already been loaded by bean

Hello
I'm evaluating struts2.
I've managed to successfully deploy struts2 application as war file.
I have  freemarker-2.3.8.jar,ognl-2.6.11.jar,xwork-2.0.4.jar and
struts2-core-2.0.11.1.jar in WEB-INF/lib directory.
This works fine, but when i try to deploy the ear and have these files in
APP-INF/lib dir (and not in WEB-INF/lib) i'm getting this error.
I'm sure i don't have these jars in any other plase but APP-INF/lib.
I'm running WLS10.
What could be the problem ?
Thanks

RE: Exception:Bean type class com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory with the name xwork has already

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Apparently you have already loaded a class and or libraries
Commentary from Webwork bug WW-2177 suggests
do not copy any XALAN jars into Tomcat's directories (find all XALAN in all lib folders not in webapps and rename)
HTHMartin ______________________________________________Disclaimer and confidentiality noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.> Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:23:12 +0300> From: iamfuric@gmail.com> To: user@struts.apache.org> Subject: Exception:Bean type class com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory with the name xwork has already been loaded by bean> > Hello> I'm evaluating struts2.> I've managed to successfully deploy struts2 application as war file.> I have freemarker-2.3.8.jar,ognl-2.6.11.jar,xwork-2.0.4.jar and> struts2-core-2.0.11.1.jar in WEB-INF/lib directory.> This works fine, but when i try to deploy the ear and have these files in> APP-INF/lib dir (and not in WEB-INF/lib) i'm getting this error.> I'm sure i don't have these jars in any other plase but APP-INF/lib.> I'm running WLS10.> What could be the problem ?> Thanks

Re: Exception:Bean type class com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory with the name xwork has already been loaded by bean

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.
How about the temp directories that are created when you upload an EAR? Did
you check there? Or are you deploying this to the autodeploy folder? If
you're pushing it to autodeploy then you have to remove the project
**while** WebLogic is running. If you don't remove it while WL is running
then it will still be there AFA WL is concerned.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications