Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Caroline Maynard <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/06 00:19:03 UTC

{SDO C++] Untangling the graph without access violations

Memory leaks are a major concern for PHP users in a long-running web server.
For some time we've had a problem that we cannot reliably drop a datagraph
because of various access violations which may occur, depending on the order
in which the data objects are released. We've bypassed the access violations
by omitting to drop the graph at the end of each script, but that's not a
real solution as the memory leaks just mount up over time.

Recently I've been working through the problems, which I've documented in
defects 1147, 1202 and 1203. I now have a patch for Tuscany C++ which
permits the tree to be dropped. I've uploaded it as Tuscany-combined.patch,
as an attachment to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1147. With
this combined patch in place, the Tuscany SDO C++ tests run clean, as well
as the PHP tests.

Please would a Tuscany committer review and apply this patch - it would be a
great help to PHP users.

--
Caroline

Re: {SDO C++] Untangling the graph without access violations

Posted by Caroline Maynard <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Pete

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Patch applied. Looks ok to me.

Thanks.

--
Pete

Re: {SDO C++] Untangling the graph without access violations

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I'll take a look at this.

--
Pete