Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2016/08/03 20:43:40 UTC

[Discuss] New template on cwiki for Release Notes

Using the template facilities of the cwiki I have created a template for
creating Release Notes for AOO. It utilizes variables to fill in
repetitive entries, and instructive text to aid in writing.

This is my first attempt at creating a confluence template and would
like some feedback on it. Test test it log into your cwiki account and
click the create button. This will open a modal window with all the
available templates. Scroll down to the AOO Release Notes and select it
and click create. This will start the template wizard which will allow
you to fill in text boxes and choose items from a drop down list.
Italicized text on a gray background is instructional text and cannot be
changed in the wizard. It is place holder content and can only be
changed in the document itself.

Scroll to the bottom of the wizard and click next to see what the
created document will look like.

Any and all feedback is welcomed as replies to this thread.

Regards
Keith

Re: [Discuss] New template on cwiki for Release Notes

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 03/08/2016 Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> Using the template facilities of the cwiki I have created a template for
>> creating Release Notes for AOO. It utilizes variables to fill in
>> repetitive entries, and instructive text to aid in writing.
>
> Tested. It's very helpful, thank you. Automatic variables help a lot in
> avoiding errors related to copy/paste.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
Thanks for the feedback Andrea. If there are other templates that would
be helpful I will be more than happy to take a crack at creating them.

Re: [Discuss] New template on cwiki for Release Notes

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.