Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jonathan Gray <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/25 18:07:18 UTC

Re: Nested/Chained case statements generate codegen over 64k exception

I came back to this to try and investigate further using the latest version
of the project.  However, I don't have enough experience with the code base
to understand fully what is now happening, could someone take a look at the
testcase attached to this JIRA and run on the latest version of the code
base?

It currently appears as one branch of the code receives the code
compilation exception and so applies the fallback.  However, subsequent a
similar exception is thrown for different branches of the code (does the
non-compilable code get put into a cache somewhere?)  So, where it should
now be falling back to non-codegen it doesn't appear to completely.