Posted to users@camel.apache.org by lleclerc <ll...@aim-rg.com> on 2013/01/24 19:54:14 UTC

Wrong test for allowRedeliveryWhileStopping, possible bug.

Hi,

There is a problem that invalidate the test for
allowRedeliveryWhileStopping.

I am using 2.11-SNAPSHOT and have been looking at the test located in :
org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryErrorHandlerNoRedeliveryOnShutdownTest

I think that right from the start, the test can't last for 20 seconds, and
thus making the test pass.
Here is my unit test : http://paste.org/60638

The test testSend3Redelivery() is success and the testSend20Redelivery()
fails.
Something completely stop the camel route and even prevent deadLetterChannel
to catch the problem.
Even if I try to increase the ShutdownStrategy timeout.

Re: Wrong test for allowRedeliveryWhileStopping, possible bug.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reporting. I considered this as a bug.
I created the ticket for you:

Best,
Christian

Posted by Christian Mueller <ch...@gmail.com>.
I committed a slightly modified unit test (with a @Ignore annotation for
now). You unit test cannot work because you expect a message in the dead
letter channel BEFORE you stop the route ;-)
You can find the link to the code change in JIRA...

Best,
Christian

Re: Wrong test for allowRedeliveryWhileStopping, possible bug.

Posted by lleclerc <ll...@aim-rg.com>.
Should I create a jira thread ?