Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Pae Choi <pa...@earthlink.net> on 2001/03/29 00:48:04 UTC

Fw: Reason(s) and History behind of Changing the Package Name Hierarchy in v1.3.1

Hello,

I have noticed that Xerces v1.3.1 completely *removed* the new packages in
v1.3.0 by just looking at the package names. So it ends up with v1.2.3 package
hierarchy. I hava not completly look through the contents of each package yet.

Can someone explain about this or show me the pointer where I can take a look
so I can save some time? Thank you.

Pae

<Arnaud>
First, I think xerces-j-dev would be more appropriate for this question,
given that you're probably talking about the internal packages of
Xerces. No public package names have been changed. That would break
people's code.

<Pae>
Thanks.
</Pae>

Second, it would help if you were a little bit more specific about what
package you're talking about. :-)

<Pae>
For example,

org.apache.xerces.validators.<sub>    // there are 5 packages in v1.3.0

And others.
</Pae>

--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group
</Arnaud>

Pae The Holiday :-)