Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/11 17:59:32 UTC

Graduated!

Dear Ivy community,

After almost one year of incubation, two incubating releases, 1800+ e-mails
on the user list, 1400+ e-mails on the developer list, with the help of 4
mentors, 3 committers, 38 contributors and many more users, Ivy has
officially [1] graduated as a sub project of Apache Ant!

I take this opportunity to thank everyone in the Ivy community and the
Apache community, and especially incubator PMC members who devotes time to
teach the Apache way to podlings like Ivy, answer questions and review
releases. I would like thank even more our mentors: Antoine, Stéphane, Steve
and Stefan, thank you very much for your time, your help and your valuable
advices! Ivy wouldn't be "Apache Ivy" without you.

Xavier

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg15445.html

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Graduated!

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/07, Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> Quoting Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Dear Ivy community,
> >
> > After almost one year of incubation, two incubating releases, 1800+
> e-mails
> > on the user list, 1400+ e-mails on the developer list, with the help of
> 4
> > mentors, 3 committers, 38 contributors and many more users, Ivy has
> > officially [1] graduated as a sub project of Apache Ant!
>
> Congratulations!  Well done, Ivy Team!
>
> So is that the sound I'm hearing from the 2.0 beta/release around the
> corner?  ;-)

This is not directly related, but we know we have to release beta 1 asap.
Graduation may even have a small slow down effect due to work needed to
migrate to ant subproject infrastructure. But it shouldn't take too long,
don't worry!

And you know anybody can help to get the beta release out: one of the main
remaining task for the beta is to review and update the tutorials, it's
something any user can do :-)

Xavier

Re: Graduated!

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.

Re: Graduated!

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
Congratulations, that's great  news!  I look
forward to using Apache Ivy 1.0 :-)
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty