Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by zshamrock <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/04 09:42:34 UTC

What is the recommended/typical deployment/managing procedure for Ignite in production?

How do you start/stop and manage Ignite instance on the server?

So, far as I can see there is IGNITE_HOME/bin/ignite.sh, which can be used
only (?) to start the ignite instance.
But how do you stop/restart? (now I have to find the process by using `ps
aux | grep ignite` and `kill`it manually).

What is the recommended approach to stop/shutdown ignite gracefully? Why do
not you provide unix service wrapper/script around ignite
start/stop/restart/status lifecycle?

Do you recommend/tested running Ignite in Docker in production? Or it is
only suitable for the development? Also even Ignite 1.6.0 was released
already for a while there is not official Docker image for 1.6.0 (my PR
https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/757 is still open).

Anything on this topic will be helpful.

Re: What is the recommended/typical deployment/managing procedure for Ignite in production?

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I saw case where Ignite runs in OpenJDK. Before, I had not compatibility
problems with to using OpenJDK.

If an issues (bonded with OpenJDK) exist, its will need to be solve.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM, zshamrock <al...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you, vdpyatkov.
>
> Also, do you recommend to run Ignite from Docker in production? As I saw on
> the Ignite home page, it says it was fully tested only against Oracle JDK.
> But in Docker you are using Open JDK.

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: What is the recommended/typical deployment/managing procedure for Ignite in production?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You should not have any issues with OpenJDK and/or Docker. Both are actively
used by community members.

-Val

Re: What is the recommended/typical deployment/managing procedure for Ignite in production?

Posted by zshamrock <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, vdpyatkov.

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

II think use kill is right way. You can write special sh/but file for it.
Cluster node it is more than the simple state. For monitor full state
(topology, cache, memory consume e.t.c) you can use ignitevisorcmd and yes
you can use ps (for check alive or not).

Your PR merged into master[1]. Just close you PR by yourself.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/modules/docker/1.6.0