Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Nisreen <ni...@sts.com.jo> on 2016/11/15 14:31:05 UTC

Sync passwords with IBM TDS LDAP

Hello All;
I am using Apache syncope to mange my users that are stored in IBM TDS LDAP.
when i configure my LDAP connector, i noticed that the the [Synchronize
passwords] option is only supported with Sun Directory Server Enterprise
Edition. dose this mean that i will not be able to sync my users passwords?

Re: Sync passwords with IBM TDS LDAP

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 15/11/2016 15:31, Nisreen wrote:
> Hello All;
> I am using Apache syncope to mange my users that are stored in IBM TDS LDAP.
> when i configure my LDAP connector, i noticed that the the [Synchronize
> passwords] option is only supported with Sun Directory Server Enterprise
> Edition. dose this mean that i will not be able to sync my users passwords?

Hi,
as explained in [1], pulling users, groups or any objects into Syncope
from an external resource can be done in three different modes: the last
(and more effective mode) relies on the ConnId SYNC operation.

The ConnId LDAP connector implements SYNC only for Sun / Oracle DSEE,
RedHat 389 and OpenDS / OpenDJ.

For all other LDAP servers (including OpenLDAP and IBM TDS) you simply
cannot use the incremental pull, but one of other modes available.

About pulling password values from LDAP, you'll have to flag
'retrievePasswordsWithSearch' and use LDAPPasswordPullActions in the
related PullTask, as explained in [3].

Regards.

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#pull-mode
[2]