Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Superstring Media <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 08:56:03 UTC

Visualizations for Pivot?

Hi all,

Saw a nice visualization on the following site recently:

http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/dashboard/#focus=TOTAL&year=2009&view=uk-bubble-chart

The source is available and also much more at the following links:

http://www.iconomical.com/svnrepos/wdmmg/trunk/
http://bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg-js/

http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/2010/10/28/where-does-my-money-go-spending-explorer-using-protovis-and-jquery/
http://vis.stanford.edu/protovis/
http://vis.stanford.edu/protovis/ex/

Checkout just this one of many visualizations:

http://vis.stanford.edu/protovis/ex/index-chart.html

All the visualizations combo of JavaScript and SVG. Could this library be used in Pivot?

Cheers,

Thom

Re: Visualizations for Pivot?

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
There are lots of ways you could implement something like this in Pivot. Dynamic SVG is certainly one approach. I'm sure you could get this code to work in a Pivot app, but I'm not sure how involved it would be. That is probably a better question for the SVG Salamander list.