Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/10/16 04:28:48 UTC

[Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC4.

Hi all,

This thread is for discussion of the forth release candidate for Apache
Stratos 3.0.0-incubating [1]. Please use this thread for discussion of
issues uncovered in the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc.

RC release packs are at[1]. A git tag is created for this release as you
can see at[2] and [3](tree view).

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/3.0.0-incubating-rc4/
[2]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tag;h=ab166c282897d9db4d3f22863e67fdc8ddcccd61
[3]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tree;h=661b5e19e00497431f552468535052751f115303;hb=c042d6df7becda9f38100aeb7c130b2a8870cb46
Thanks.
Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: [Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC4.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi Noah,

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:

> Why do you think it's better to let the inexperienced members of the
> community vote first?
>
> If anything, I would say, it is better for the more experienced folks to
> set an example, and show other people how things are done.
>
> Just because the core committers have voted does not mean that other votes
> are not desirable!

I agree. The thought was, generally initial releases are hard to get right,
and if there any issues, its more likely to get noticed by community
members who are new to Stratos. The core committers would have tested it
again and again over the time, and there is a possibility of them missing
something which is actually important for a new user.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: [Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC4.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: [Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC4.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chip,

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.