Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Sikha, Naresh" <Na...@schwab.com> on 2001/11/02 19:04:10 UTC

Another question on GUMP extending

Is the Gump philosophy of copying an entire project's directory structure to
a local directory due to the fact that current ant build files usually build
within that directory?

What I'm driving at is this: I'm working on ClearCase extensions to Gump,
but copying an entire project's directory to a local directory from a
ClearCase dynamic view may fail on Windows NT due to limitations on the
number of open file descriptors. So I'm looking at modifying those projects'
ant build files so that they may build in a local directory that I specify -
leaving the project's directory structure untouched (I set the "build.dir"
and "install.dir" properties in my workspace.xml).

This approach does impose a standard on build.xml, but maybe that is valid.
To push this notion one step further, Gump could be the "configure" portion
of a build which creates a gumpable build.xml... :)

Thanks.

-Naresh Sikha