Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Yoon <yo...@alturus.com> on 2001/02/15 15:31:30 UTC

(Off topic) How to know which hyper-link has been clicked?

Hello,

I am sorry to ask off topic
but is there any way to know which hyper-link was clicked?
There is a page which can generate dynamically hyper-link
and linked page should know which one was cliked.
I am using jsp and can I use parameter?
Any idea will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Paul Yoon

Re: (Off topic) How to know which hyper-link has been clicked?

Posted by Alex Fernández <af...@tid.es>.
Hi Paul,

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but

javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request) will give you the URL
that originated the request.

Cheers,

Alex.

Paul Yoon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am sorry to ask off topic
> but is there any way to know which hyper-link was clicked?
> There is a page which can generate dynamically hyper-link
> and linked page should know which one was cliked.
> I am using jsp and can I use parameter?
> Any idea will be appreciated.
> Thank you.
>
> Paul Yoon

Re: (Off topic) How to know which hyper-link has been clicked?

Posted by ni...@studioweb.com.
Assing a variable value to a link and then trap for it in your servlet.

RE: (Off topic) How to know which hyper-link has been clicked?

Posted by CPC Livelink Admin <cp...@fitzpatrick.cc>.
Look a the docs for the HttpServletRequest object.

The short answer is that request.getRequestURI is probably what you want.