Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/27 11:07:01 UTC

Intermittent File Access to cloudstack.apt-get.eu

Hi Guys,

During the upgrade process I also kept experiencing the packages needed
disappearing from the cloudstack.apt-get.eu website, this caused multiple
servers to fail on update/install processes only to work several minutes
later once the files had been restored. It's clear the files are changing
regularly on there as their dates are being constantly updated.

I can reproduce this on our production nodes and from a web browser using a
different ISP, this will definitely cause issues with new people to CS and
could be a confusing first hurdle for some.

http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu/dists/precise/4.2/

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Just refresh the directory a few
times today and see when files appear/disappear.

Thanks,
Marty

Re: Intermittent File Access to cloudstack.apt-get.eu

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
On 10/27/2013 11:07 AM, Marty Sweet wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> During the upgrade process I also kept experiencing the packages needed
> disappearing from the cloudstack.apt-get.eu website, this caused multiple
> servers to fail on update/install processes only to work several minutes
> later once the files had been restored. It's clear the files are changing
> regularly on there as their dates are being constantly updated.
>
> I can reproduce this on our production nodes and from a web browser using a
> different ISP, this will definitely cause issues with new people to CS and
> could be a confusing first hurdle for some.
>
> http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu/dists/precise/4.2/
>
> Has anyone else experienced these issues? Just refresh the directory a few
> times today and see when files appear/disappear.

Hmm, that's odd. I maintain that server and there is a script which
re-indexes all packages, but it should re-index what is already there.

I'll check on this.

Wido