Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aaron Paetznick <aa...@critd.com> on 2003/03/18 18:45:00 UTC

Arbitrary Tomcat mounting in Apache

I apologize because I've sent this email already with the subject "JK2
context mounting", but I didn't get a response.

I want to be able to mount a Tomcat URI at any arbitrary location in
Apache.  Apache and Tomcat are currently working with the mod_jk2
connector with existing Tomcat URIs.  I'm using Apache v2.0.44, Tomcat
v4.1.18, and mod_jk2 v2.0.3-dev on Solaris 9.

Here is some of my workers2.properties file:

[uri:/cocoon/*]
context=/cocoon/

[uri:/someapp/*]
context=/cocoon/someapp/

..when I use just the first (/cocoon/) entry, /cocoon/someapp/ works
fine.  When I add the second (/someapp/) entry, both locations spit out
a 404 error.  I can't seem to find any other possible configuration
method to do this with.  This has to be a common problem and question.

I've searched Apache.org and Google extensively for the answer, but it's
no good.  I even considered trying mod_webapp, but I'm using the worker
MPM (i.e. threaded) which mod_webapp doesn't like.  The "uriMap" config
sounds promising, but there is zero documentation for it, and I couldn't
get it to do anything useful while I was experimenting.

Can anybody help me out?  Thanks!

--Aaron

Re: Arbitrary Tomcat mounting in Apache

Posted by Aaron Paetznick <aa...@critd.com>.
I didn't have any luck at all with this.  I'm going to give up and make
the Tomcat side match what I want on the Apache side.  It's far less
convienient for me, but so be it.  I propose a new feature that takes
care of this issue, maybe called "uriAlias"?

Opinions?

--Aaron

Posted by Aaron Paetznick <aa...@critd.com>.

Posted by Chris Dodunski <Ch...@btw.co.nz>.