Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/24 17:42:48 UTC

testextract failure (Was: svn move and older versions)

Hi,

2009/11/21 Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>:
> It doesn't work running on linux.

Doesn't work for me either on my Linux desktop at work. I'll check it
on Windows later today when I'm home.

    Courier: Toto je pokusný text s češtinou – ěščřžýáíé

For some reason the the last four characters (ýáíé, all in the Latin-1
Supplement block) get mapped to U+FFFD, i.e. the REPLACEMENT
CHARACTER. This only happens for the last two fonts (Verdana and
MSReferenceSansSerif), both of which are Type0 fonts unlike all the
other fonts used in the file. The others are all Type1 or TrueType
fonts.

The above seems to suggest that Brian's assumption about a system
dependency is correct.

BR,

Jukka Zitting