Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Scott Chapman <sc...@mischko.com> on 2002/08/07 22:23:50 UTC

Old install error happening with Embperl 2.0b8.

This showed up on my install of Embperl 2.0b8.  I find this was fixed a long
time ago in Embperl 1.3.5 or so.  I'm not sure why it's showing up now.
I have:
RH7.3
Apache 1.3.26
ModPerl 1.27
Embperl 2.0b8

I installed apache with this (in mod_perl source directory):
perl Makefile.PL DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 APACHE_PREFIX=/www

Then I installed other relevant stuff (Apache Session, DBI, Apache SessionX
2.00b3, etc.)

When I did make test on Embperl I get this:

Starting httpd...       Syntax error on line 489 of
/home/scott/apache_update/Embperl-2.0b8/test/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlFixupHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
Cannot open test/tmp/httpd.pid at test.pl line 2512.

Test terminated with fatal error
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

Am I missing something here?

Scott

Re: Old install error happening with Embperl 2.0b8.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
>Invalid command 'PerlFixupHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module
>not included in the server configuration

Yes, it was fixed, but I reindroduced it for the Embperl site which comes as
example with 2.0 :-(

For now just delete the line line with PerlFixupHandler form
test/conf/httpd.conf.src. I fix it in the next release

Gerald