Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by padmanabhan1616 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/05 10:41:39 UTC

Apache SOLR upgrade from 5.2.1 to 7.x

Hi Team,

We planning to upgrade SOLR from 5.2.1 to 7.x version. I just googled and
found that there is no way of upgrading from 5.x to 7.x directly

Here are the list of suggestions gathered from different sources

1. We cannot upgrade directly from 5.x to 7.x instead upgrade to 5.5 then
upgrade to 7 as there is major index format level changes taken place in 5.5
or later version.
1. Use index upgrade tool which can allow to upgrade all old indexes to new
index format then we can upgrade to 7.x version easily.

We are really struggling to get the right options here for this upgrade.

I Know we are running very old version. We need this to be happen ASAP.

Can you please suggest us what is the right approcuh here to upgrade from
5.2.1 version to 7.x version.

Thanks,
Padmanabhan

Re: Apache SOLR upgrade from 5.2.1 to 7.x

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
IIUC the 5x->7x upgrade won't immediately fail like a 6x->8x upgrade
would, but neither is it really expected to produce the results you
expect due to differences in the index formats.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.