Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hans-Peter Petek <pe...@mazda.at> on 2006/03/14 09:29:24 UTC

Filter / Logging

Hi all,

can anyone give some information about how and when filters are executed?
I have a logging-filter who only logs the request-parameters - the filter is
accessed at every page.

But when I call a simple page (struts) with actionform and action the filter
is accessed e.g. 10 times ...? why?

thanks a lot
Hans

Re: Filter / Logging

Posted by atta-ur rehman <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What's the url-pattern for you filter? If it's being called more than once
for an action I'd guess that you have it set to intercept all the requests.
Changing it to something specific, like *.do, might help.

<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>LoggingFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

HTH.

ATTA