Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com> on 2017/04/12 05:21:11 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.1.0 - release candidate 3

This is a call to vote on release 2.1.0 RC3 of Apache Trafodion (incubating).
Once the community approves a release candidate, a similar vote will be taken in the Apache Incubator community.

Items addressed in RC3 :

*         [TRAFODION-2577]<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2577> Add missing config variables in Ambari install

*         Tested with a 1 and 2 node system

Items addressed in RC2 :

  *   Addressed the version mismatch causing Initialize to fail in RC1.  TRAFODION-2565<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2565>
  *   Fixed small issues in documentation  on Wiki to explain the Ambari Install and where to find executables   more clearly.
  *   Added WITH clause documentation .
  *   Addressed missing NOTICE,LICENSE,DISCLAIMER in rpm objects TRAFODION-2570<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2570> and TRAFODION-2572<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2572>
  *   Changed signing key to include apache id

Details on release :

This is a major release and includes over 300 fixes and some important features. The highlights are all documented here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.1
They include :

  *   The new python installer
  *   Ambari integration and much easier  install option for use on HDP platform
  *   New features, SQL functions and syntax extensions
  *   Performance enhancements
  *   Bug fixes

JIRA Release Notes :
Trafodion 2.1 JIRA Release Notes<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12335704&styleName=Html&projectId=12318620&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7Cfd60b9cef974c1fc62eab72a2c84777fbbcd084e%7Clin>
Highlights :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.1

GIT info:
The tag for this candidate is "2.1.0rc3". Git repository: git:// git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git

Release artifacts :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.1.0-RC3
Artifacts are signed with my key :  85F0776A  which is in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS

Instructions :

Setting up build environment and building from source :
*         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environment
*         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries:
*         Follow requirements in Section 4 : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#requirements
*         Download Trafodion Binaries : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#_download_binaries

*         Ambari Install on HDP platform : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
*         Python Installer : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.1.0 - release candidate 3

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

Thanks,
Ming

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Posted by Prashanth Vasudev <pr...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
+1

I checked:
* signatures
* checksums
* LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, NOTICE in all deliverables
* compared source code to git tag 2.1.0rc3

--Steve

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Checked the Release Notes Links and its content.
RC3 link is missing in the table.
Also, I wonder if it is good idea to add a link to the trouble shooting tips links in this release notes.

Selva