Posted to user@roller.apache.org by John Doe <Lo...@gmx.net> on 2006/11/28 16:35:30 UTC

site methods

Yeah...hello again

Got another problem! How the...do I get those site makros&methods working?
1.I've already created some blogs and wrote some entries.
2.I've definded a frontpage blog.
3.I've written my own templates...they work.
4.In the settings menue of my blog which serves as the frontpage blog -> Global Admin only settings I've entered the 'SitePageModel'.
5.In my frontpage blog template "Weblog.vm" I've written code like this:

   #set($entries = $site.getWeblogEntriesPager(3, 20))
   #showWeblogEntriesPager($entries)

& I've tried this:

   #set($pager = $site.getWeblogEntriesPager(3, 20))
   #showWeblogEntriesPager($pager)

-->But where's my list of entries, or the entries themselves

I'm quite new to roller, but I've read almost everything I could find about  roller & customization of the templates used by roller. Have I missed something? Think so! Would be great if someone could help me with that issue.
Thanks in advance...again :)

Re: site methods

Posted by Shutra Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
Step1 set "Enable aggregated frontpage feeds" on the Roller config page
Step2 choose the template 'frontpage'.

Re: site methods

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 11/28/06, Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about this a bit the last couple times I rebuilt my db
> and went through the install process and I think one thing that could
> definitely help would be to try and make better use of the new install
> page.  Right now it tells you what to do, but the process itself is a
> little clunky and could be streamlined a bit so that we keep the new
> installer on that page and following the flow.
>
> The other big improvement I think would be to modify the 3rd step in
> that install page, where you set the site-wide blog, to actually happen
> right in that page.  So instead of just pointing users to the admin page
> I think we should just let them modify the 2 relevant properties
> directly from that install page, and ideally with nicer controls.  i.e.
> a dropdown list for choosing the frontpage weblog and a radio button for
> deciding if the frontpage weblog will show site-wide data.  This way
> it's harder for users to get lost in the process and not do this step.

Good idea. I adapted this for an RFE here:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1304

- Dave

Re: site methods

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
[...]