Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Boyer <Da...@bvu.edu> on 2002/12/02 18:47:42 UTC

Q: java.util.regex uris in workers2.properties?

isapi_redirector2.dll v2.0.2 mentions this as one of the changes:

"Add the regular expressions to uriMap. The regex uris are differentiated to normal one by starting with dollar ($) sign."

I've tried looking through the C++ source for the ISAPI filter, the tomcat dev archives, the cvs repository docs, and java.util.regex.Pattern to see how to use this in addition to trying dozens of different combinations to see what works. I've even tried prefixing different portions of the uri with a dollar sign. No dice.

What I'd like to do is to be able to use this approach:

[uri:/staff/*/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:dev:8009

instead of this:

[uri:/staff/bob/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:dev:8009

[uri:/staff/jim/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:dev:8009

[uri:/staff/steve/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:dev:8009

(etc)

Otherwise, I'll have about 1,300 contexts which will need uri mappings and those change on a daily basis.

Any suggestions? Thanks!