Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Asensio, Rodrigo" <ro...@gilbarco.com> on 2006/05/23 15:40:25 UTC

very strange

Hi guys, I have a nice problem!
windows 2003 server
tomcat 5.5
jdk 1.5

Scenario:
I have a webapp in server A and when I hit a button, It opens a new
window ( window.open() ) calling my servlet or any jsp in server B. It
works few times..but there is a moment that stop working, my tomcat
didnt receive not even the request. The users see a blank screen
working.. but nothing happens. They have to close all windows, kill the
session and start again... You can imagine.. Im being insulted all day!
Im custom to that, dont worry, that is not the problem.
Now, I tried a showModalDialog() in the IE, and it works!!! nice!
sweet!. But again... they dont want a modal because they cant work with
the other window.

any idea ???

thx guys
------------
Rodrigo Asensio
Fuel Management Services
Gilbarco Veeder Root
phone: +1 336 547 5023

immediately.

Re: very strange

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Asensio, Rodrigo ha scritto:
> I have a webapp in server A and when I hit a button, It opens a new
> window ( window.open() ) calling my servlet or any jsp in server B. It
> works few times..but there is a moment that stop working, my tomcat
> didnt receive not even the request. The users see a blank screen
> working.. but nothing happens.

Just a thought. This seems the typical situation in which the webapp
runs out of available db connections. Do you close all the connections
when you finish your operations?
HTH
Antonio