Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com> on 2010/10/05 15:42:00 UTC

Release for Camel 2.5... Should I hold off from adding new features/fixes

Hi Claus, Hadrian,

Just wanted to check on the release cycle for Camel 2.5. Should I hold off
from adding new features/fixes or continue with business as usual.

Also, Is the trunk going to split into 2 separate branches for Camel 2.6 and
3.0? Is there a date for this to happen as well.

Can you please let me know.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Re: Release for Camel 2.5... Should I hold off from adding new features/fixes

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi Hadrian,

No worries. I have nothing urgent to check-in at the moment. I am currently
working on a load balancer capability to send to the least recently used
endpoint.

I will get it into Camel 2.6 since it is work-in-progress.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Ashwin,

Depends on what you're doing. If what you do is stable, go for it. We plan to release 2.5 this weekend, the only thing we're waiting for is scalate 1.3.
So it's not a good time to break the trunk (it never is :) ), but you know best what you're doing.

No, we won't create a 2.x branch until it's needed, i.e. until we start pushing incompatible changes in the trunk, such as java6 or spring3. But this could be very soon.

Cheers,
Hadrian