Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 14:47:03 UTC

Re: Statistics working?

On 7/31/06, gede06@student.bth.se <ge...@student.bth.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in some statistics so I read
> http://servicemix.org/site/management.html which states that Stats.csvwill
> be written if ServiceMix is configured to do so. In the basic example,
> servicemix.xml contains the attributes
> dumpStats="true" statsInterval="10"
> so I assumed ServiceMix will dump statistics to a file. While running the
> example in the binary distribution  incubating-servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT, I
> searched the whole hard drive but no .csv was found. So I did further
> reseach. When starting the quartz example of the current SVN snapshot from
> within eclipse in debugging mode, ServiceMix really reads the information
> from the servicemix.xml and
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.EnvironmentContext.setDumpStats
> (boolean
> value) is called with value=true (so like it shall) but
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.notifyStatistics stays

The notifyStatistics flags is not related to statistics dumping, but
indicates
wether statistics are notified in the jmx mbeans. It is disabled by default
for
performance reasons but can be set to true if you want to be notified when
statistics mbeans change (which is each time an exchange is sent).

false and no csv is written to harddisk. I did not find the place in the
> source of servicemix where a Stats.csv is created/filled/appended.
> Moreover,
> the string "Stats.csv" cannot be found in any source file.
>
> How can I enable the dumping of statistic information to files? Or did the
> approch change so that JMX _has_ to be used always now?

No, it should still work.  I will try to take a look at it.
Could you raise a JIRA please ?

Thanks a lot, Georg

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Statistics working?

Posted by "gede06@student.bth.se" <ge...@student.bth.se>.
Hello Guillaume!

gnodet wrote:

>> How can I enable the dumping of statistic information to files? Or did
>> the
>> approch change so that JMX _has_ to be used always now?
> No, it should still work.  I will try to take a look at it.
> Could you raise a JIRA please ?

OK, I will do so. Thanks, Georg
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.