Posted to user@commons.apache.org by David Wall <d....@computer.org> on 2006/04/05 01:42:21 UTC

isMultipartContent method that's not deprecated?

I'd like to use a non-deprecated method for the following, but the
javadocs keep pointing me to use a given class, but they are subclasses
of the one that defines this method as deprecated.

org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request)

Thanks,
David

Re: isMultipartContent method that's not deprecated?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 4/4/06, David Wall <d....@computer.org> wrote:

> I'd like to use a non-deprecated method for the following, but the
> javadocs keep pointing me to use a given class, but they are subclasses
> of the one that defines this method as deprecated.
>
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent
> (request)

Yeah, I know. Sorry about that. There was just no way to make the changes
that were needed and also not break the existing API between 1.0 and 1.1. In
fact, if you look at the source for ServletFileUpload, you'll see that the
method is in there but commented out, because it can't be in both places
since it's a static method.

I would suggest that you use the method via the ServletFileUpload class.
That will continue to work in later releases, since the method will be
implemented in that class explicitly when it is removed from FileUploadBase.

--
Martin Cooper

Thanks,