Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/25 08:12:35 UTC

{[RESULT][VOTE] Nuvem Project

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Inexperience with Open Source
>
> Luciano Resende have been involved with Open Source Software for
> several years; he has actively contributed to Apache Tuscany, Apache
> PhotArk and contributed to and/or mentored other Apache podlings. He
> is also part of the Apache Community Development PMC and
> Admin/co-Admin for the Google Summer of Code mentoring project.
> Raymond Fend, is also a long time committer and PMC member of Apache
> Tuscany and/or other Apache projects.
>
> Reliance on Salaried Developers
>
> The project is being implemented by developers in their independent
> personal time and is not founded by a specific corporation.
>
> Relationships with Other Apache Products
>
> Apache Tuscany is currently used to wire different implementations of
> application platform services to applications and expose these
> services remotely.
>
> For clouds that does not provide a specific application service on
> their platform, we would work with Apache sibling projects such as
> Hadoop, CouchDB and Cassandra for data store, or ActiveMQ and Qpid for
> queueing for example, to close the gap.
>
> An Excessive Fascination with the Apache Brand
>
> We seek to build a lasting community around the Nuvem API. The most
> important reason for proposing this project for incubation is to gain
> visibility, and to allow contributors to more easily join and
> contribute to the project.
>
> Documentation
> ---------------------
>
> There isn't much of a documentation available.
>
> Initial Source
> -------------------
>
> The Apache Nuvem prototype has been developed in the Apache SVN
> repository and is available at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/sca-cloud-tutorial/
>
> External Dependencies
> --------------------------------
>
> Nuvem is written in Java and is currently using Apache Tuscany.
>
> Cryptography
>  * nuvem-dev
>  * nuvem-commits
>  * nuvem-private
>  * Subversion
>  * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/nuvem
>
>  * Issue Tracking
>  * JIRA (nuvem)
>
> Initial Committers
> ------------------------
>
> Luciano Resende (lresende AT apache DOT org)
>
> Raymond Feng (rfeng AT apache DOT org)
>
> Senaka Fernando (senaka AT apache DOT org)
>
> Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar  (shankar AT apache DOT org)
>
> Sagara Gunathunga (sagara AT apache DOT org)
>
> Jean-Sebastien Delfino (jsdelfino AT apache DOT org)
>
> Sonal Goyal (sgoyal AT apache DOT org)
>
> Donald Woods (dwoods AT apache DOT org)
>
> Chintana Wilamuna (chintana AT apache DOT org)
>
> Champion
> --------------
>
> Luciano Resende (lresende AT apache DOT org)
>
> Nominated Mentors
> --------------------------
>
> Jean-Frederic Clere (jfclere AT apache DOT org)

Vote passed with 7 (binding) +1 from Luciano Resende, Paul Fremantle,
Jean-frederic Clere, Ant Elder, Craig L Russell, Donald Woods, Alan D.
Cabrera and 5 (non-binding) +1 from Senaka Fernando, Jean-Sebastien
Delfino, Raymond Feng, Mohammad Nour El-Din, Sagara Gunathunga, and no
negative votes.

Thanks, and I'll start the process in the next couple days to get
infrastructure for the project ready.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: {[RESULT][VOTE] Nuvem Project

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Vote passed with 7 (binding) +1 from Luciano Resende, Paul Fremantle,
> Jean-frederic Clere, Ant Elder, Craig L Russell, Donald Woods, Alan D.
> Cabrera and 5 (non-binding) +1 from Senaka Fernando, Jean-Sebastien
> Delfino, Raymond Feng, Mohammad Nour El-Din, Sagara Gunathunga, and no
> negative votes.
>
> Thanks, and I'll start the process in the next couple days to get
> infrastructure for the project ready.

Infrastructure setup being handled via INFRA-2831