Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Antonio PAROLINI <An...@hcuge.ch> on 2005/10/03 14:42:38 UTC

dealing with legacy jar dependancies

Hello,

I discovered install:install-file from the Maven2 faq that create the
appropriate directory structure for an legacy external jar my project
needs.

But it dosen-t genereate the .pom file associated with the version
(needed for m2 dependency mecanisme). So far I create them by hand,
which is painfull.

What is the offcial way of importing legacy jars, thus not maven 2
aware, into my repository ?

Thanks four your help,

Antonio

>>> fenallen@gmx.net 10/03 2:36  >>>
Brett Porter wrote:

> Is this the case on different builds? Repeated attempts of the same
build?

Looking into this further I would say that it is more like 2.5 times
slower and yes, very repeatable.

Our build is broken down into several steps.  The step containing the
bulk of the compilation is around 50% slower than with 1.0.2.  At the
end of the build is a step containing lots of xlst transformations and

this is very slow taking aroung 3 times as long.

Another observation is that it seems noticeably slower when performing

file system operations too.  Any echo statements scroll by much
slower.

If it makes a difference I am running this on Windows as I am at work.
:(

Allen.

the system manager.

Re: dealing with legacy jar dependancies

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
The POM is not required. What were you looking for it to create?

If it is just to avoid the warnings about it not being present, I
guess a flag to create a stub pom could be added to the goal. Would
that suffice?

- Brett