Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Lochana Menikarachchi <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/04 07:04:31 UTC

spark osgi class loading issue

We are trying to call spark through an osgi service (with osgifyed
version of assembly.jar). Spark does not work (due to the way spark
reads akka reference.conf) unless we switch the class loader as follows.

Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(JavaSparkContext.class.getClassLoader());

The problem is there is no way to switch between class loaders and get the information generated by spark operations.
Is there a way to run spark through an osgi service. I think if we can parse the reference.conf some other way this might work. Can somebody shed some light on this..

Thanks.

Lochana