Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Dinesh Weerapurage <xy...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/13 19:35:41 UTC

Re: Discussion - moving forward with Axis2/C

​Nadir,

    Please see my comments inline.​

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> My goals, in no order of priority:
>
> (1) Fix bugs
> (2) Add support for pluggable XML parser. Not sure why this was not done
> from the beginning since this allows for utmost flexibility using proven
> parsers

​We already have abstracted XML parser layer and have implemented both
libxml2 and Guththila parser wrappers using this layer.

thanks,
Dinesh.

Re: Discussion - moving forward with Axis2/C

Posted by Dinesh Weerapurage <xy...@gmail.com>.
I personally like CMake over ant. Question we need to ask is "Do we need to
have dependency on Java and Java libraries to build a C project?", my
answer is no. On the other hand if someone really wants to come up with an
ant build should we stop them? I don't know. In general, I didn't have any
issues with the current build system.

thanks,
Dinesh.

--