Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/27 01:06:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

Hi,

I have posted a candidate for the jackrabbit-core 1.4.9 release at:

    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/core-1.4.9/

See the RELEASE-NOTES.txt file (also included at the end of this
message) for details on release contents and latest changes. The
release candidate is a jar archive of the sources in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/jackrabbit-core-1.4.9.
The SHA1 checksum of the release package is
7712cb33f2fa4779a3091bff439b1a1bf0d93cc2.

Please vote on releasing this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9. The
vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 votes are cast. The vote is open for everyone but only
votes from Jackrabbit PMC members are binding.

    [ ] +1 Release this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

Here's my +1.

As before, I have also included a pre-compiled binary and a staged
Maven repository produced from the packaged source. If this vote
passes, I will make these artifacts available to users along with the
official source release.

PS. See RAT report at
http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/core-1.4.9/rat.txt.

PPS. I will be pretty much offline for the next 72 hours, so I won't
be able to address any issues that may come up during voting. I will
extend the vote period for a few days if anything major comes up while
I'm gone.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Release Notes -- Apache Jackrabbit Core -- Version 1.4.9

Introduction
------------

This is the 1.4.9 patch release of the jackrabbit-core component of
Apache Jackrabbit, a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).

This release is targeted to users who are not yet ready to upgrade to
the more recent Jackrabbit 1.5.x releases, but who still need some of the
more important recent fixes and improvements, especially related to query
performance. See below for the full list of changes in this release.

See the Apache Jackrabbit website at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/ for
more information.

Changes in this release
-----------------------

All the changes in this release are listed below. The issue identifier and
title is listed for each change and known issue. You can look up individual
issues for more details in the Jackrabbit issue tracker at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR

  Improvements
  [JCR-1337] Optimize first execution queries for DescendantSelfAxisWeight/...
  [JCR-1872] Improve performance of simple path queries
  [JCR-1884] CachingIndexReader.initializeParents() does not scale well ...
  [JCR-1998] Initialize hierarchy cache on startup

  Bug fixes
  [JCR-1573] Lucene Query Exception: 'attempt to access a deleted document'

Release Contents
----------------

Like the previous jackrabbit-core 1.4.x releases this patch release only
contains the jackrabbit-core component. The component is distributed both
as a source archive and a pre-compiled binary.

    * Source archive (jackrabbit-core-1.4.9-src.jar)

        The source archive contains the full source code of this release
        in a "jackrabbit-core-1.4.9" directory. Use the following commands
        (or the equivalent in your environment) to build the component
        with Maven 2 and Java 1.4 or higher:

          $ jar xf jackrabbit-core-1.4.9-src.jar
          $ cd jackrabbit-core-1.4.9
          $ mvn install

    * Pre-compiled binary (jackrabbit-core-1.4.9.jar)

        Core of the Apache Jackrabbit content repository implementation.

See the included README.txt file for more information.

Each release file is accompanied by SHA1 and MD5 checksums and a PGP
signature. The public key used for the signatures can be found
in the KEYS file.

Re: [VOTE] Release jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
> Please vote on releasing this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9. The
> vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
> least three +1 votes are cast. The vote is open for everyone but only
> votes from Jackrabbit PMC members are binding.

+1 Release this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

- signature OK
- checksums OK
- licence, notice, header, readme and release-notes files OK
- maven build OK

cheers
stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
+1 Release this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

- checksums OK
- licence, notice, header, readme and release-notes files OK
- compared the source code against the 1.4 branch
- maven build OK

Regards,
Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Release jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 01:06, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9.

[X] +1 Release this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

- signature OK
- checksums OK
- licence, notice, header, readme and release-notes files OK
- maven build OK

regards
 marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release jackrabbit-core 1.4.9

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing this package as jackrabbit-core 1.4.9.

The vote passes as follows:

    +1 Jukka Zitting
    +1 Marcel Reutegger
    +1 Stefan Guggisberg