Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Haycock <Ro...@mediasurface.com> on 2005/09/22 20:00:41 UTC

DOUBLE_CLICK

Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how I can associate a double
click with a listener please.  Or do I just have a regular listener and
check to see if it's a double click somehow?

Rob.

RE: DOUBLE_CLICK

Posted by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net>.
	The nature of the click doesn't get passed as part of an HTTP POST
routine, so you can't determine that information purely from the listener.

	Potentially you could map your link to a javascript event handler,
try to determine the nature of the click there, and set a flag in a hidden
form field so that your listener could figure out what's afoot, but you're
getting into some serious javascript nastiness.

	Here's a link to a page with a decent doubleclick implementation for
reference.

http://www.phys.uu.nl/~hofman/jsexp/expldoublecl.html

	--- Pat