Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de> on 2004/06/11 12:18:57 UTC

Implementation of "Invoker" class and performance considerations

Hi,

the current implementation of the "Invoker" class assumes that the
constructor receives the object being invoked. I find this unfortunate.

For performance reasons, I would like to reuse the XmlRpcServer, as
it is clearly intended. Even more, I would like to share it between
threads. However, that means that two threads may work with the object
encapsulated by the Invoker. In other words: I need to make the called
object thread safe. IMO it seems to be preferrable, if the called object
can be instantiated for any invocation, as this simplifies programming a
lot.

The best way to achieve this, seems to be to

* make the HandlerMapping in XmlRpcServer configurable; on other
  words, I would add methods getHandlerMapping() and
  setHandlerMapping()
* Change the DefaultHandlerMapping to have a protected method
  newInvoker().

Would a patch for the above be accepable?

Regards,

Jochen