Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/19 16:04:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany C++ Milestone 2 (candidate 3)

Hi everyone,

I have posted an updated 3rd candidate for the milestone 2 C++ release here:
http://people.apache.org/~ajborley/cpp-1.0-incubator-M2-RC3a/

This release candidate adds a missing build file in the Windows
distros, fixes up the disabled Python and Ruby extension libraries on
Linux so there are no "stat" messages and adds a few minor doc
changes.

Please vote to publish the Milestone 2 release distributions. Please
take some time to download the distributions, review them and test them
in your environment before voting.

The vote is open for at least the next 72 hours.
At least three +1 votes are required, and only the votes from
Tuscany committers are binding. If the majority of all votes is
positive, I will send a summary of that vote to the Incubator's general
list to formally request the Incubator PMC to approve the Tuscany C++
Milestone 2 release. For your reference the Incubator release policy
guidelines are available at
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases .

About Tuscany SCA C++
=====================

Tuscany SCA C++ provides a runtime implementation for the for the Service
Component Architecture 0.96 Assembly specification and the 0.95 C++ Client
& Implementation Model specification, written in C++ and will currently
support C++, Python and Ruby component implementation types.

The specifications can be found at
http://www.osoa.org/display/Main/Service+Component+Architecture+Specifications

It is possible to interoperate with Tuscany SCA Java via the Web
Service bindings
for services and references but restrictions apply. This is not yet a complete
implementation and known restrictions are described below.

Supported SCA Assembly Model features
 *  All features are supported unless listed under the known restrictions
    below. See SCA Assembly Model specification.

Supported language bindings
 * Component implementations written in C++. See the SCA C++ Client and
   Implementation Model specification.
 * Component implementations written in Python. See the
doc/PythonExtension.html
   documentation.
 * Component implementations written in Python. See the doc/RubyExtension.html
   documentation.
 * Component interfaces described by C++ classes. See SCA Client and
   Implementation Model specification.

Supported service and reference bindings
 * The web service binding is supported. This implementation will support
   web services which using document literal SOAP bindings conforming to the
   WS-I basic profile (rpc/encoded is not yet supported).

Known restrictions
 * Local service interfaces cannot use overloaded operations (the SCA
   specification limits remote service interfaces to not using overloaded
   operations).
 * Each WSDL definition for a web service binding must be in a single WSDL
   document.
 * No load time validation of the deployed SCA application (run time
   validation only).
 * No metadata API.

About Tuscany SDO for C++
=========================

Tuscany SDO is an implementation of the Service Data Objects for C++ 2.01
specification found at
http://www.osoa.org/display/Main/SDO+-+Previously+Published+Specifications

Supported SDO features
 * All features are supported unless listed under the known restrictions.
   See the Service Data Objects for C++ 2.01 specification.

New features in this release
 * Optional build on Windows with Apache STDCXX
 * Improved memory management
 * Multiple bug fixes and internal enhancements

Many thanks

Andrew

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany C++ Milestone 2 (candidate 3)

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
With 72hrs + extra for mail outage gone since the call to vote and 5
+1 votes I will ask
the incubator PMC to vote for this release.

Thanks all!
Andy

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Posted by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com>.
I've tried the SDO release and it looks good to me too.

+1

Geoff.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me, +1

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Results from the "RAT" tool for each of the distributions have been posted at
http://people.apache.org/~ajborley/cpp-1.0-incubator-M2-RC3a/rat/

Cheers

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.