Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2002/04/09 09:10:31 UTC

MMN for APR?

Will we need a MMN eventually?

I think one of the last major obstacles of APR before we release 1.0 will
be making it able to be independently installed and used, as opposed to
the way it is used now by apps like httpd and svn. I'm not exactly sure
what this means yet, or what the set up requirements would be, but it
seems like something I've been running into a few times on flood and
something we're going to run more and more now that APR is being used
in more apps.

-aaron

Re: MMN for APR?

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 12:10:31AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Will we need a MMN eventually?

I think Greg and Ryan went back and forth on versioning and
came up with something they both agreed on.  So, by merit of
that, it must be the Right Thing (TM).

I don't know if anything came out of that discussion though.
<20...@lyra.org> seems to be the beginning of
it.  -- justin