Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Anthony Hong <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/17 10:38:20 UTC

How to display exception trace in detail in JSF application

In JSF system, there is commonly to use a page bean + view page.
We implements controller logic and fetch model from backend to support view.
If there is anything wrong during interact with backend, exception
will be thrown,  The detail of stack trace is not complete, I can only
know the root cause by application server's log file.

Currently I use weblogic9 + my faces 1.3 + facelet.

Here is a example.
I have a add button in page, after clicking it, it save page model to backend.
Suppose there is exception thrown in backend (Unexpected)
The exception stack trace shown in console is all about JSF component,
which is not written by myself.
Only to have to open weblogic server.log to see more deep exception
error trace that shows which source code method throws

Any idea of my problem?

--

Anthony Hong

Re: How to display exception trace in detail in JSF application

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Anthony!
> Yes, I did follow the first solution,
> But it didn't work.
I use the second thing "with plain JSP error page" in our app and this
works, I dont know much about the first solution, but, what didnt work.
Wont you error page be displayed?

If there is a error in the error-page itself tomcat will silently show
its default error page, though, you should find a exception in the logs.

Ciao,
Mario

Re: How to display exception trace in detail in JSF application

Posted by Anthony Hong <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.