Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/18 20:31:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Feature branch for Apache Tez Custom Shuffle Handler TEZ-3334

REQUEST TEZ-3334 feature branch creation
In order to prevent destabilization of master branch, I propose to create a
feature branch TEZ-3334 that can be used to create a Custom Shuffle Handler
for this project. Please let me know if there is any objection.

FYI
After an initial POC, the project will be in a good state to quickly add
capabilities to this feature. And sub-tasks in the JIRA will be used to
document current and future development. Once a proven minimal set of
capabilities is present, a merge request vote will be taken according to
project by-laws.

Regards,
jeagles

Re: [DISCUSS] Feature branch for Apache Tez Custom Shuffle Handler TEZ-3334

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
Created feature branch as per thread.

For TEZ-3334 JIRAs please follow the following procedure.
* Update TEZ-3334-CHANGES.txt instead of CHANGES.txt with JIRA and
description
* Commit changes to TEZ-3334 feature branch
* Update resolved JIRAs with TEZ-3334 fix version

Regards,
jeagles

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
+1.