Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by svmizin <sv...@pochta.ru> on 2013/11/12 09:13:19 UTC

Re: Re: essential remark for majority of OO users - incompatibility ofMath formula editor.

>On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 10:45:12 AM +0400, svmizin wrote:
>
>> ... this THE ONLY is essential to reject usage of OO for me and many
>> many other potential users: engeneers of all areas and scientists.
>> Please, make a OO compatibility with Microsoft Office "Math formula
>> editor" - first priority level for your developing
>
>Dear Sergey,
>
>this is a users list, not the one for developers, so it is not the
>best place to place any change request. However, just in order to
>frame the question better, shouldn't you say "make OO compatible with
>the (file) FORMAT of the Microsoft Office Math formula editor?
>
>In other words, what of these two things is the problem:
>
>- the formulas generated with the OO formula editor are not readable
>  /editable correctly in MS Office and viceversa

This is THE MAIN problem : MS OFFICE document formulas don NOT displayed right in OO.

>- you or your colleagues cannot use the OO editor because (for
>  example) it is different, too complicated, unstable etc?

This problem smaller but there is too : it seems OO formula editor visibly more poor than MS Office formula editor.

Thank you in advance, M. Fioretti.

Posted by Dr Donald Zarlengo <za...@me.com>.

Don

Donald Zarlenga Ph.D.
zarlengo@me.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,  18 U. S. C. 2510-2521  and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communication through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

Dear MR Fioetti.

You are facing a formidalbe opponent or a solution?
I have no interest in changing my promossed material

If you want me to change anything, YOU MUST PROPOSE
it formally to me for my agreeement and acceptance.

I would be glad to work for you to solve your issues.

But, you will have to propose exact language that you wish.

Otherwise, we already know where yuou are.

I realluy don’t give a damn how we do this

Id I doo it so your are satisfied, I am happyl
as long as agrees with my principeles. WHich
I believe they DO.

Since I have extensively more esperience in this ifel than you possibly cand
have. You are damn to young!@

Propose, clearly what y0u would like.

BUT DO NOT  ATTACK A SENIOR FROM ITALY, A SENIOIO ACCADEMICALLY,
an seniror in all righs;

I am most agreeable.

Lets continue;  in order to terminate any conflict.

Thank you gor your positive cooperate.

Dr Zarlenga - My  Family is from Italy
I am sure we can come to an amicable
Concludion.

Lets work tohether.\
\
Dr Zarlenga

On Nov 12, 2013, at 5:02 AM, M. Fioretti <mf...@nexaima.net> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 12:13:19 PM +0400, svmizin wrote:
>> In other words, what of these two things is the problem:
>>
>> - the formulas generated with the OO formula editor are not readable
>> /editable correctly in MS Office and viceversa
>
> This is THE MAIN problem : MS OFFICE document formulas don NOT displayed right in OO.

OK. Then the right thing to do is to send a file containing such
formulas done with MS Office to the developers (see the instructions
on the website). So they can open it with OO, see WHAT is not rendered
correctly, and hopefully fix it. Of course, that should be a file with
NO confidential information, because it will be put online and/or seen
by many people. It should only contain the broken formulas.

If you have such a file, may you also send it to me privately? I
CANNOT fix any bug! I am just curious to see what the problem is.

Thanks,
	Marco
	http://mfioretti.com

Re: Re: essential remark for majority of OO users - incompatibility ofMath formula editor.

Posted by "M. Fioretti" <mf...@nexaima.net>.