Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/23 12:40:33 UTC

How to monitor ActiveMQ that run in JBOSS

Hi,
How to monitor ActiveMQ that run in JBOSS.
I run ActiveMQ 5 which should come with its Web-Console, but I don't know
how to run it ? My queue all is configured under JBOSS.
Please help.
Thanks
Many thanks,
Ferry

Re: How to monitor ActiveMQ that run in JBOSS

Posted by pbaker01 <pb...@mindspring.com>.
Additional netstat info.

C:\Users\Paul>netstat -an|find "61616"

  TCP    0.0.0.0:61616          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

  TCP    [::]:61616             [::]:0                 LISTENING

C:\Users\Paul>netstat -an|find "8161"

C:\Users\Paul>netstat -an|find "8161"

C:\Users\Paul>netstat -an|find "8080"

  TCP    127.0.0.1:8080         0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

Re: How to monitor ActiveMQ that run in JBOSS

Posted by Eric Ma <er...@db.com>.

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/activemq/activemq-web-console/5.2.0/activemq-web-console-5.2.0.war

Re: How to monitor ActiveMQ that run in JBOSS

Posted by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James,
Could you tell me where to put activemq.xml file to ? is in
%JBOSS%/server/default/conf folder ?
if yes, how to tell JBoss to read the file ?
Thanks.
Regards,
Ferry

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Try use the activemq xml file from the conf dir, use jmx or deploy the
console war.

On 8/29/07, ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, via resource adapter, refer to JBoss integration guide in ActiveMQ
> website.
> The queue works fine
>
> --Ferry
>

> bsnyder wrote:
> >
> > On 8/27/07, ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Yup, I have no problem running it in standalone.
> >> The web console works perfectly fine...
> >
> > OK, so how are you starting ActiveMQ? Via a resource adapter that
> > hooks into JBoss?
> >
> > Bruce
> > --
> > perl -e 'print
> > unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
> > );'
> >
> > Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
> > Apache ServiceMix - http://servicemix.org/
> > Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
> > Castor - http://castor.org/

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: How to monitor ActiveMQ that run in JBOSS

Posted by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com>.
I'm using ActiveMQ 5 build 57.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/26/07, ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
> If I run ActiveMQ as a standalone, there is no problem to run the
> Web-Console, but in my scenario ActiveMQ is running under JBoss, and I
> didn't see any web server (jetty) running. None is listening in port 8161.
> Or perhaps I miss some setting in Jboss to enable the web-console ?

What build of ActiveMQ 5 are you using?

> I don't know whether it's related, but I always get this error :
>
> 2007-08-24 11:23:24,838 DEBUG
> [org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext] Failed to create local
> registry
> java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested exception
> is:
>         java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Yeah this is just a debug level error stating that ActiveMQ tried to
start up the MBean server and found that port 1099 was already being
used. When this happens, ActiveMQ usually just uses the MBean server
already running on that port if it can.

Bruce
);'

Posted by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Bruce,
If I run ActiveMQ as a standalone, there is no problem to run the
Web-Console, but in my scenario ActiveMQ is running under JBoss, and I
didn't see any web server (jetty) running. None is listening in port 8161.
Or perhaps I miss some setting in Jboss to enable the web-console ?

I don't know whether it's related, but I always get this error :

2007-08-24 11:23:24,838 DEBUG
[org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext] Failed to create local
registry
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested exception
is:
	java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

I understand that the 1099 port is being used by JBoss.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/23/07, ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> How to monitor ActiveMQ that run in JBOSS.
> I run ActiveMQ 5 which should come with its Web-Console, but I don't know
> how to run it ? My queue all is configured under JBOSS.
> Please help.

With ActiveMQ 5, the web-console is embedded in the ActiveMQ binary
distribution. When you start up ActiveMQ with the default
configuration, you will see the following output on the console
indicating that the web-console is starting:

INFO  log                            - Logging to
org.slf4j.impl.JCLLoggerAdapter(org.mortbay.log) via
org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
INFO  log                            - jetty-6.1.4
INFO  WebConsoleStarter              - ActiveMQ WebConsole initialized.
INFO  /admin                         - Initializing Spring
FrameworkServlet 'dispatcher'
INFO  log                            - ActiveMQ Console at
http://0.0.0.0:8161/admin
INFO  log                            - ActiveMQ Web Demos at
http://0.0.0.0:8161/demo
INFO  log                            - Started
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8161

Once ActiveMQ is running, you should just be able to visit the admin
URL in a browser:

http://localhost:8161/admin

There are some docs on the web-console here:

http://activemq.apache.org/web-console.html

Bruce
);'