Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bob Rohde <rr...@wfubmc.edu> on 2002/04/10 23:07:34 UTC

apache and frontpage server extensions

Does anyone know the correct steps to perform in adding the Frontpage
server extensions to the apache server? I'd like to add them to 2.0.35,
but realize this is unlikely. I've added them to versions up to 1.3.19,
but am unable to add them to versions => 1.3.19.

I've got a Sun computer running Solaris 8 with latest patches. I've got
version 5.0, revision 1.30 of the Frontpage server extensions for Unix
and version 1.3.19 of apache. Before installing these extensions I
configure, make and make install the apache server in the default
locations. After adjusting the httpd.conf file to reflect our
environment I test with the command apachetcl configtest and then start
httpd no problems. Next, I then run the fp_install.sh program to install
the extensions, then I install the root web and all sub-webs. The
fp_install,.sh program completes with no problems or complaints, and has
replaced the httpd I built earlier with it's own frontpage'd version.

Now when I issue the apachectl configtest command I get the following
message:
Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

Any and all guidance is welcomed,

Bob Rohde