Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ray <ra...@cisco.com> on 2018/05/28 05:40:33 UTC

Review request for IGNITE-8534 Upgrade Ignite Spark Module's Spark version to 2.3.

Valentin Kulichenko and Nikolay Izhikov can you please take a look at PR and
provide comments? Other reviewers are welcome as well.

https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/4033

I modified Ignite Spark module to fit Spark 2.3 APIs and removed spark-2.10
module because Spark 2.3 stooped support for scala 2.10.

Also, please find the dev list discussion thread here.
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Discussion-Upgrade-Ignite-Spark-Module-s-Spark-version-to-2-3-0-td30762.html

Ray

Re: Review request for IGNITE-8534 Upgrade Ignite Spark Module's Spark version to 2.3.

Posted by Ray <ra...@cisco.com>.
Before spark 2.3, spark is compiled using scala 2.11 and 2.10 separately.
Spark-2.10 module in Ignite exists to accommodate this, it's not used
anywhere else in project.
Now spark 2.3 decided to remove support for scala 2.10, so we can safely
remove spark-2.10 module in Ignite.

It won't affect visor-console-2.10 and scala-2.10 modules because these two
modules are Ignite internal modules to support legacy users using scala
2.10.

Re: Review request for IGNITE-8534 Upgrade Ignite Spark Module's Spark version to 2.3.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
Ray, could you share details of your investigation regarding spark-2.10 module removal?

Is it not used anywhere that it can be safely removed?
And what about visor-console-2.10 and scala-2.10 modules?

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ray,

Could you also please resolve conflicts in PR?

Conflicting files
modules/spark-2.10/pom.xml

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ray,